19/06/2013

Meeting Dan & Phil!

Hello everyone! So as many of you already know, I met Dan & Phil on my birthday which is crazy because one of my first blog posts were about them and I have loved them for a long time now, so meeting them was like meeting jesus. (If you don't know who Dan & Phil are, google Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil)
I met them after their radio show on BBC Radio one (which is where I desperately want to work when I'm older) and I thought that this post would probably be better if I just wrote it like a script, like who said what otherwise it may get confusing!!
Right so, Dan & Phil came out and there were barriers to stop you from jumping on them [fans really are that crazy, they do it with the best intentions] but I was at the opposite side of the barriers to them and since they are lovely people, they made sure that every singe fan got a chance for a photo and a conversation. This meant I had to wait a good hour but in the meantime I was talking to some lovely fans and dan & phil were a couple feet away so I was happy to wait patiently. 
Also, whilst waiting I got talking to their producer and she was so lovely, that she told the body guard that it was my birthday and he then told Dan & Phil! They then missed a couple of people (they returned to them afterwards) to come and see me! So, this was the conversation I guess!
Bodyguard: Boys, it's her birthday! *points to me*
Dan: *turns and looks around* who? where?
Producer: over here *turns to me*
[Dan & Phil come over]
Dan: It's your birthday?! well happy birthday! [he was very sincere, bless him]
Phil: Happy birthday!! 
Me: Thank you! Happy birthday for you Dan on Tuesday!
Dan: *puts his hand on his heart* Thank you! *startes to laugh*
Producer and Bodyguard: Sing her happy birthday!
Dan &Phil: *laugh awkwardly*
Dan: Would a like birthday hug? *startes to laugh as he could probably see my excitement in my eyes and opens his arms ready for our embrace*
Me: Yes!
~~ WE HUGGED~~
Phil: *opens his arms, he didn't even need to ask*
~~WE HUGGED~~
Dan: What's this? *hinting towards the picture i wanted them to sign*
Me: *nervously hands it to them because I didn't understand what was happening I don't even*
Dan: oh do you want us to sign it?
Me: *laughs* no [sarcastically of course]
Dan: *laughs* oh shall we just keep it or?.. [also sarcastic]
Phil: *laughs and we catch awkward eye contact*
Dan: *signs picture with ':Dan' and hands over to phil*
Dan: ahh squeaky pen
Me: omg I hate that noise so much
Dan & Phil: *laugh*
Dan: I know me too it's like [pulls a funny face]
Phil: *signs it with ' Phil <3 Happy Birthday! x'
Me: Thank you *takes picture back* do you mind if we have a photo and a funny one too?
Dan & Phil: Yeah that's fine!!
* I handed my friend the camera and walked back to have a picture with them, but they were next too each other so I was just going to stand awkwardly on the end but dan and phil parted and made a cute little space in-between them which they liked pulled me into bless them*
We then had this photo:

But bless him, Phil (on the right) Blinked because he forgot about the flash and so he squeaked! So we all laughed and we agreed to have another one, which is this one: 

This one was the normal one and then we had the goofty one, which in-between the photos dan turned to me and said "this is the derp one right yeah" and I found it so sweet (I'm a fangirl ok everything they do I find cute) and me and Phil were hip to hip aw I'm just reliving memories.

Me: Thank you!
Dan: Its fine *goes back to the people he missed*
Me: *Turns to Phil* Congrats on 900,000 subscibers! It must be amazing
Phil: oh thank you, Yeah, it's scary thinking that many people are watching me!
Me: It must be, just imagine that many people watching you on a stage is so scary
Phil: It is, but then I meet lovely fans like you. 

That's it really, but I'm so grateful to have met them as they are so nice! If you would like to meet them, you just need to wait outside BBC radio until they come out (which is about 9:20) but if you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and ask :)
~Thanks for reading~




16 comments:

  1. hahahaha aw I'm sorry ;) Thank youuu xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soooo cute! ahhh! :D You three look so cute together! <3 ; )

    spacealah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw aw thank you so much :') <3

      Delete
    2. you are really cool my name is phoebe by the way and I am also a ginger!!!

      Delete
  3. Where is the radio 1 place? And you're so lucky to meet them, I really hope I do someday :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in central London. aw thank you! I hope you do too! <3

      Delete
  4. Omg you are so luck and its okay to fangirl ik i also find w.e theybdo is cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im glad that there are others like me haha x

      Delete
  5. I know it's been like six months, but this is so awesome! I'm determined to meet them someday, but you are so lucky to live within roadtrip (I'm guessing" distance of them!!! Travelling to London would cost thousands of dollars in air fare for me and I'm just another high school kid :( But congrats on meeting them!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mwa that's so fantastic * w * i would have keeled over dead from a heart attack had i been there. And FYI, you're adorable :3
    (hi, I'm Maddy, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you even manage to speak

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm I don't know if it got posted? I'm sorry if I leave a second commend now :(!! But I found your story awesome to read really that must have been the best birthday ever! But I have one question: I life in the Netherlands and I am thinking of going to London one day to meet them, what can I do to broaden my chances of meeting them? You say you should wait outside BBC radio station around 9:20 but AM or PM and what day? :) Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I was wondering if you had any tips to meet dan and phil?! Me and my friend are going in April this year to the studios at their show and it would mean so much to meet them I haven't words :) any tips? I'm aware rules and show times have changed since 2013 but like how early did you get there how long did you wait etc..? Thank you so much in advance (btw I'm from brighton too!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you think you can still meet them now? It will be 2016 when I get the chance to go to London, and they are much more popular now, I don't know if they will still come outside, they probably will come out a secret exit :) I hope I will meet them

    ReplyDelete